If anyone’s planning to select a bride, here’s a criteria list that can help in the selection process. By counting the total number of items that meet the criteria, one can calculate the percentage each probable candidate scores. It is on one’s personal discretion that a certain percentage threshold be set, and the candidates who score above that threshold may be subject to further battery of tests till a grand finale where the top two may be put to a final defining test.
The criteria for the preliminary round are:
- She should believe and confess that Jesus is kyrios
- She should not be a Young Earth Creationist
- Should not be a secular Darwinist
- It will be nice if she does not endorse inerrancy of Scripture, while affirming its infallibility
- She should not be a liberal
- She should not be a fundamentalist
- This will not be pressed too firmly on her but it is preferable that she use NRSV/NIV instead of KJV/NKJV
- She should be concerned for Creation Care but not be a Pantheist
- She should be more concerned about ‘life after life after death’ than just ‘life after death’
- If she can’t understand the above criterion, she should believe in a new heaven and a new earth than on rapture to some distant place/disembodied state as final reality
- It is OK even if she can’t make a round roti if she can recite the Apostle’s Creed
- She may endorse 'Separation of Church and State', while believing that the Church should preach Truth to power and remind those in the government that they are subject & accountable to a higher authority
- She should not oppress the widow or the orphan
- She should not be a Marxist
- She should not subscribe to Neo-Liberalism
- She should light a candle rather than curse the darkness
- She ought to be a peace-maker and not just a peace-lover
- It is OK if she doesn’t have strong opinion(s) regarding the usefulness of Apologetics
- She should not cry out Lord, Lord, but does not do what Jesus says.
- She should tithe 10% of her income but remember that the remaining 90% also belongs to the Almighty
- She should not use false weights nor move boundary stones
- She should not make it a habit of drinking anything with alcohol content over 7.5%
- It will be really nice if she use the word ‘Mission’ instead of ‘missions'
- She should not endorse the Malthusian mathematics of population growth while still realizing the challenges faced due to population growth
- She should know that Science and Faith are not opposing forces and that the two can complement each other.
- She should see other people as 'persons' and not simply 'souls'
Next round will be questions on 'Rocket Science' and 'Greek Mythology'