A very simple life story


I know exactly where the sun rises. The sky turns yellow over the mountain, then the sun appears in between the guava tree and the thatch house. Wait for minute, now, it is in front of the house. It is time for breakfast.

I washed my face and took my pot home. As the water in the kettle started to sing, I have finished cleaning rice. I replaced the kettle from the fire place with the rice pot and added some firewood. With a cup of strong tea, I went round my house, strolling leisurely as I thought of what I'll do today. Hmmm... I'll check if the water channel to the paddy field is functioning. Then I'll dig fish holes and weave a new net at the outlet. On my way back, I must remember to collect some dry woods and mushrooms.

Whistling my favourite tunes, I packed my Tiffin and walked down towards the paddy field. It is a long two hours walk. The paddy field is on the river bank. After my day's work, I got some extra time and I did some fishing in the river and took a bath.
 
By the time I returned home, the sun was setting. I cooked dinner- fish and mushroom, and shared some with my neighbour as we chatted about our day's work. I was tired and went to bed early. After all, I've to wake early and go down to the pool to watch the sunrise.
RIMS, Imphal 2004

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews