Church Hunting

The title does not say much about what I'm going to say but to first clear the air that it is not about church hunting, I've titled it as church hunting because you may think it is church hunting.

Fot the last few sundays, I've travelled around Delhi visiting different fellowships/churches. I wasn't looking for a perfect church (no such church exists) nor one that will suit me. I wanted to see how different churches worship differently. Though we worship the same God, it's interesting to see how the styles of worship differ so much.

I can't make any generalisations or comment with certainty from such short visits. My presumptions will also colour the way I look at them.

But I think it's safe to say that there are places where people worship in ways very different from ours but we see and sense an unmistakable oneness in Christ. A few others make you squirm on your seats. Two areas where we should seriously consider are: (1) Reducing the gospel/church to a sort of therapy/social club and (2) Money.

Having said that, what I did is not advisable in the long run; to hop from one fellowship to the other without being accountable to anyone. That makes it important to choose a fellowship and stick to it. What are you looking for in a church? What does the Bible say a church should be like? How can I contribute/play my part? etc.

Comments

  1. Different styles are okay, but I find it disturbing when chuch announes names of those who give hoping that way people will be motivated to give more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...or to be greeted with an empty envelope as u enter church or an exhortation on giving just b4 offering's collected

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good beginning...but I suggest you can expand more if your time permits. I agree with all you said. I think we need to come up with a sound theology of church.


    Hehe...by the way, may be you can come up with a handbook on "How to Identify The Church" (not right or left Church or perfect/imperfect Church...just kidding)

    Jokes apart, Churches need to be much more sensitive (e.g. announcements and envelops), needs to improve in many aspects, especially the way we worship, the songs we sing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it will not take so long time from a well educated person like you to realize that Jesus Christ didn't come with new religion But Jesus was a prophet ( among so many prophets ) sent to ONLY the Children of Israel, Jesus Himself said that and made it clear when He said to the woman of Canaan "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel" you Can find It in Matthew 15:24

    You Can easily notice That Jesus was talking about Himself saying (I'm..)

    and when someone come later and say "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." you can easily notice that it is Neither The God nor his Son are talking but ANOTHER person and when that Person ( whoever he is ) Contradict Jesus you Believe Jesus of course.

    and You say that you were "looking for a perfect church" on sundays ?

    I'm SURE that will never find any perfect church in Sundays since worshiper in Sunday was not at all recommended By Jesus But it was DECIDED by a Sun worshiper the Emperor Constantine declared that Sunday "the venerable day of the Sun " was to be a day of rest throughout the Roman Empire:

    "On SUN-day ,the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for gain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost."

    He Also Decided That :
    Canon XXIX.: "Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath,

    and Because "Christians must not judaize" They started to contradict the Jews and Do Their worship on SUNday instead of the weekly sabbath, also they started to eat Porks while is prohibited in their book the bible.

    The the Emperor Constantine Was a SUN worshiper who wanted to Unify His Divided Empire under one Believe He didn't Care What is The Truth or What is wrong.

    This is Why you Must Celebrate The Christmas in 25th December while it is Known as the Feast of The Sun, and This is Why you must Celebrate the Easter in a SUNDAY.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks 'friend of Mine' for your concern. Did i say i was looking for a perfect church on sunday? please read again. You may realise that the post was not a discourse in basic christianity nor a historical account of how Christians started to worship on sundays

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dear Friend, Excuse Me If I got it wrong, but didn't you say:
    For the last few sundays.........

    and my comment also shed somr light on the reasons that you have found difference between churches .

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Pardon me, I didn't Notice Your sentence " I wasn't " and I mistakenly read it " I was "

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews