Are you old school?

For once, I thought I was on top and in touch with the latest..It's my generation, my time has come, I'm the 'in' thing...But now, I'm increasingly realizing that I'm becoming old school...Looking at younsters- their gadjets, their attitude, dressing sense, music choice etc. -makes me realize that. But I guess you have noticed this: 

There are some old guys who are funnily traditional, old fashioned and looks uncool. However, there are some old people who are old but in a 'nice' way:-) In behaviour, attitude, speech, et al. they display such grace and composure. They look good being old and it suits them ;-) I'm not talking about those 'weirdos' who try to look young and make a fool of themselves. 

In the movie ‘Gran Torino’, there’s a conversation between Clint Eastwood, the grand old man, and his neighbour, a Chinese girl Sue  

Sue: I wish our father had been more like you…He was really hard on us; was really traditional, really old school  
Eastwood: Well I’m old school  
Sue: Yea, but you’re an American 
Eastwood: What’s that supposed to mean?  
Sue: (Shrugs shoulders) 

So, one tip to those who are growing old and have fear of going out of fashion: It’s ok to be old school if you are an American (or act like one...in a proper way)

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews