Write, write, and write if you want to be a writer

OK. I have been keeping aside writing for a while. Good or bad, I now plan to keep this blog running. I say I love writing and think about it constantly; even read about it. But to become a writer, there’s no way to become one but to write.

What has been keeping me from writing? First and not the most important, is work. Due to the Scrub Typhus outbreak in Nagaland, I have been very busy: travelling, reading about it, compiling data and analyzing it, and so on. Right now also I’m busy attending a training course in Vellore. But that is not to say that I don’t get time to write.

Another reason and a more important one is laziness mixed with restlessness. To write requires a calm mind and a lazy mind strangely is seldom calm.

Also why I put off writing is because I always try to write masterpieces, not that I have ever written one. I want my writings to be very good which many times keep me from starting. I think this shouldn’t be. 

To keep a writing project on hold in the middle can be quite de-motivating as well. I have two writing projects which aren’t going anywhere. Sometimes it may be unavoidable, but as far as possible, finish up, then go start a new one.

Ah, and another reason that I am reluctant to admit but have to is, Internet. Particularly, facebook. Once the laptop is on, I can’t control my hands from connecting the internet. There are hundreds of precious reading materials that I have stored in my laptop over the years, but the internet keeps me from reading those. So, not just writing, my reading has been severely affected by the internet. The internet has also cut my book reading time tremendously. And why am I in facebook that long when there isn’t anything to do there anymore? Even as I am writing this, I have logged in to facebook. So, here I go…..I have logged out of facebook. I hope that is a good starter.

You see. I had nothing in my mind to write about as I started (I was only surfing the internet and checking facebook as usual) and in just a few minutes, now I have an article which is worth posting in my blog. Just a little discipline can do wonders. Oh that I have it more often. Please let this be a fresh start. You too, whoever is reading this…

God bless

Comments

  1. keep writing bro! what are your projects - maybe some of us can give you inputs?

    blessings,

    Andi and Sheba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother, thanks for the encouragement. One is on economic hardships faced by commercial vegetable cultivators of Pfutsero, my hometown. I conducted some interviews and have written a rough note. Will have to interview some more farmers and town leaders. The other writing project is a bit bang bang and will not reveal now :-)

    I hope you and your family are doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes bro - all well - because God is so totally, and amazingly good!

    Set yourself a deadline bro. And bang it out. Only way possible. Don't feel it has to be perfect. Ship it before it rots!

    Blessings from the Eichers

    p.s. do come to Mumbai town - it would be super to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your invitations to visit Mumbai is getting into my head, bro. haha. I will seriously consider it, but after this Christmas. Thanks for the advice, will ship it out before it rots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what you said about writing is so true. you articulated my thoughts so well.I love writing but have always been afraid of sharing them with people cos I think it isn't good enough.Thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and for your words of encouragement. Would love it if the comments were not anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews