Quick glance backward

It has been a very, very busy year. I wanted December to be the month of PEACE AND QUIET. But it is turning out to be just the opposite. I woke up at 6:20 AM this morning and straight to work; after having slept at 2:00 AM. This post is a stolen moment.

Looking back, at the work front I think I have been able to do much this year and I'm satisfied. I changed job midyear and dived into the new one right on, getting all busy at once. I was a columnist for Eastern Mirror for some months. Though I don't have much savings, financially I'm able to help family during crucial moments - Siblings college/university admissions, besides their monthly expenses.

I've travelled to all the districts of Nagaland, except Tuensang. Supervision and monitoring plan for all medical directorate officers that I designed I hope will bear fruit. Now, all officers go to the districts every two months and bring back report. Through analysis of reports, I'll be able to understand the health services status of the State better. In 9 months, report from all the health centres of Nagaland will be available.

I've been able to speak in a few occasions and contribute articles in a magazine or two.A bimonthly tribal newsletter was started. The reviews to my writings has been encouraging. Some originality in thought and analysis is starting to take shape. Thank God for that. 

 The year is almost over. There were failures. There were wrongs. But overall, I think it has been a good year. Today, I'm going to get an official vehicle. Yipee. On Christmas evening, I'll be preaching in church. I think that will be the one big thing left for this year; a fruitful, and a fitting end, I hope.

So, you see; when I started typing this post, I had no idea what I wanted to write. I just wanted to update my blog. But this is a case in point that when you take time to count your blessings, you'll be surprised at what the Lord has done. Without taking a little time to do the blessing counting, I might have ended saying, 'it was an ordinary year'.

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews