Doing good unaware

Those mornings when a sense of good health outweighs laziness, I take a morning walk along the New Secretariat road, Kohima. I have observed that there is a short stretch of the road which is swept clean every morning. Every time I take a walk, there is a domestic helper who is out with her broom sweeping that stretch of about 30 feet. She is dark and is certainly a non-local. She must be around 10 years old. I have never spoken to her. But I would admire her work every time and think of this: She may not know that sweeping the roadside clean is a spiritual activity. But I think she is doing a very blessed job. That small area that she is keeping clean every morning I’m sure blesses the heart of God. Good things that some people are doing unaware.

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews