Generous people are often not the rich

It was late Wednesday afternoon when I was returning to Kohima with sister after dropping my brother in college at Zubza. I was driving and I didn’t see them. I hardly see anything other than the road when driving. My sister saw them, two women who looked liked they need a ride home. We drove passed them by about 200 metres when we decided to turn back and ask if they need a ride. We picked them. They had gone to the field and were waiting for any bus or truck. They weren’t expecting smaller vehicles to stop for them. They are from Jotsoma village which may be about 15 kms from where we saw them. We couldn’t reach their village but they were very grateful that we could drop them at the check gate. From their bags, they gave us a huge bunch of bananas and a pumpkin. We refused. They insisted. There was a friendly physical fight. We didn’t want to take as they’d gone so far from the village and shouldn’t give away that much. But they pushed the car door and didn’t let me open it. Instead of helping them, we wondered if we’ve taken too much from them. After expressing gratitude and farewell to each other, we parted our ways. I have been worrying since then and wondering, ‘did they have any banana left for their families?’ I fear that they have given us everything. They had lots of pumpkins, but I didn’t see any other bananas than the big bunch they gave us.

Comments

  1. Let the generosity passes through you to others.
    May God be blessed upon them with more peace and glory and wealth for what they have shown....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gaveth love and you receiveth love :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews