King of the barber’s shop

As he entered the salon for a shave, Pyarelal*, Bholenath*, and Sukharam* wished him, ‘Good morning sir’, ‘Good morning sir’, and ‘Good morning sir’. I couldn’t turn to see who is entering as I was having a haircut. All he uttered in reply to the barbers’ rapid fire Good mornings were, ‘mmmm’, ‘mmmm’, and ‘mmmm’.  He had a commanding, bass voice. After a quick shave, he offered to pay with another 'mmmm' but the barbers refused to accept the money. He said, ‘Hojaiga?’ and left. While paying for my haircut, I asked my barber, ‘who was he?’. By then, I was already thinking of writing this post. He asked his colleagues but none of them could give me any detail. I don't know if he was an important man or a munnabhai. he had a sidekick too. He was at least a very important man to the barbers. He was king of the barber’s shop this morning. 

*I don’t know any of their names.

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews