The best part of the day

After a full day’s work, I come home to hold my one month old niece. She doesn’t like lying down. She loves to have her head raised and gentle rocking pleases her. She started responding to music as early as when she  was two weeks old; not to any music but to a particular song. It is a beautiful hymn called ‘Pass Me Not, O Gentle Saviour’.  It became her personal mp3 lullaby. If I were to choose a song for her, I couldn’t have chosen a better one. 

All she does day and night is to sleep, stay awake, feed on her mother’s milk, cry and make sounds which are not yet words. She doesn’t know that people can be greedy and do bad things. I asked her, ‘what type of society are we offering you into?’ She calms by nerves as she seems to say, ‘I already know of a gentle Saviour. He’ll not pass me by’.

Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews