The thought of writing a book

I have written articles, some short and some long. But do I have what it takes to write a book? The question is mind consuming. 

If I think of what I know and write down whatever comes to mind, I can fill up a book. I think I can write a better book than some local people who has books in their names. But that is not what concerns me.

Will I be able to write a book that I would love to read? Can I write a book which is really worth publishing? Can I attain the level that I expect of myself? That is what bothers me. It is not just about having a book in my name. 

To be honest, I really don’t know that much about anything. Take the topic of health, for example. I have written a number of articles on health. But if some readers are to put them together and critically analyze, I have just been revolving around a handful of points. Take another example, Christian faith/theology, the next most common topic I have written on. There too, it is not too many points I keep repeating. I hope some renowned writer will reassure me that this apprehension I have is uncalled-for. I wish they say, ‘we feel the same whenever we start any book project. We start with a blank page’. 

A realistic plan for the nearer future will be to polish and publish this thatched house blog. The cover design will be exactly the blog home page, as it looks in the computer. The articles here will amount to a reasonably thick book. Will it be worth publishing?

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews