Blogging again

Do you write these days? People ask. 

I say No. 

Why? You should write, they advice. 


I have no answer. But I have these reasons in mind. One. I became a father. Two. I have no internet in my laptop. Three. Gardening.

Then, my wife suggested that I should pick up writing again. And that got me thinking. I thought that she should be more considerate as she knows my routine, but I felt that she pushed me. It was a good push. 

My 2nd book project has been in cold storage. When my 1st book was released in Nov 2014, I said I will write another one, this time a proper book and not a collection of newspaper articles and talks transcripts. 

I took up a hobby which I didn’t have the space for. Gardening. It is rewarding to the body and mind and I don’t have any thought of stopping it. 
Bougainvillea cuttings of June 2015, blooming in March 2016

When I look back at the days when I used to write regularly, I was not freer then. I wrote in between tight schedules. When I was writing for the newspaper and there was deadline, I was struggling for a topic hours before the deadline. 

Marriage and parenthood surely have a part in making me feel and act old. So, when my accomplice in marriage and parenthood said that I should write again, I took notice. And that is why, I am going to blog regularly again and see where it takes me.
    

Comments

Followers

Total Pageviews